Weekend Update


We did it! We saw Santa! Izzy would have nothing to do with the man in the red suit, of course. But 1 out of 2 ain't bad.



We saw Santa at Union Station as part of the Holiday Express train exhibit. The train was only there for 3 days and the lines were long! We got there early Saturday morning and made it through in good time, but by the time we finished, the line ran out the door of Union Station.


The inside of the Holiday Express train was decked out like Santa's workshop. Trains all around, because you just can't have too many trains.

On Sunday we had a brunch at our loft for my lab and their families. Check out this group - I'm so proud!



And they gave me a great Christmas gift - a KU t-shirt signed by all of them. I love it.

This past weekend was a tough one for many families and I can't imagine the loss of the families in Connecticut. I haven't listened much to the news or the stories. I know burying my head in the sand is not going to make it go away, but when I let myself think about the tragedy, I can only imagine the scenario with my own kids and it's just too much. I can't go there. It has definitely made me pause and realize how lucky I am and how precious every day is with my beautiful little ones. I am going to focus on the moments, big and small, perfect and imperfect, and count my blessings. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes