Girl power

Whew. It's been a whirlwind week and I'm glad it's over. I am part of a women's group at work that Ryan likes to teasingly call my "Girl Power" group (here we are). I don't mind the title, it makes me laugh. We are all about girl power, actually. It is a networking group for women at my institution and it covers everything from the occasional yoga class and coffee meet and greet, to holding annual conferences, funding scholarships and promoting each other for new awards and career opportunities. We're serious and we're fun.

I've been a part of the group for the last 2 1/2 years and it has made a huge difference in how I see my job, how I feel I fit in there, and has been the first opportunity for me to make real friendships at work. I am so grateful for the organization and the women in it. We had our annual dinner last night and a half-day working retreat today. I feel energized and excited, full of new ideas and encouragement. The chancellor came to our dinner (a big deal!) and the women's head basketball coach gave a really inspirational talk. So cool. I'm serving as President of the group this year, my term officially started last night. I was nervous about taking it on, both because of the work load and I wasn't sure I was ready to lead such a big organization. I have to remember the positive energy from the last 24 hours and know it will all be worth it in the end.

Myself and two of the other officers had a fun photo shoot the other day and these pictures make me smile, laugh and remember not to take myself (or my job) too seriously!




 A "W" for Women!!


KUMC Angels (or not)


Brenda, Phd (current VP) and Julie, MD (current Pres) grooming me (current Secretary) to be the new President...



All in a day's work, really. Don't you want my job?

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes