I Heart Words


Family, time, love, work, friends, age, health, laughter, happiness, grief, life. These are just words - words that fail to convey the tangled web that is my thoughts these days. But that's how life is, sometimes words just aren't enough. And other times words are everything. Words can fall far short of conveying our thoughts, but there is also nothing more heart wrenching than words left unsaid. Finding the right words and putting them down can offer perspective, be restorative, and help process a life event. 

I have a friend who wears a shirt that says "I ❤ words." It always makes me smile. I need to get one of those shirts!

I love finding the right words and having them exist beyond my thoughts. I love to write and I miss doing it here.

I don't know how many people actually read this blog in the past, but I'm always surprised when someone mentions it to me out of the blue - often someone I've never met. That happened to me yesterday and it made me miss this blog. I think one of the reasons I always enjoyed writing in this space is because I never tried to write for anyone else. I never tried to write in a way I thought others would like or to increase traffic. It was never about that for me. But it is nice to know that my words resonated with others on occasion. No matter what you are going through in life, it helps to know you are not alone. 

I've written a lot about my babies -  figuring out how to get them to sleep, what to feed them and how to know if they were hitting those all important developmental milestones. I've written about going back to work after having kids and finding a happy medium in my time spent at work and with family. I guess you could say this blog has focused on my role as a mother, and certainly in the first 5 years of my children's lives, that was an all consuming aspect of my life. But my children are no longer babies, and I don't want to write about them in personal ways that they might object to now that they are old enough to understand life for themselves. I still have challenges at work, but now those challenges are less about achieving the benchmarks of success as they are defining what a meaningful career looks like to me. I've never written much about my married life on this blog - perhaps because I feel that is so very private. Perhaps because I'm afraid to reveal too much of myself. It takes courage and guts to throw your thoughts wide open to the world. I go back and forth on my willingness to do that on any given day. 

All this to say that I'm not sure what this blog will look like in the future. Do people still have blogs? Has everyone shifted to twitter and IG stories? Perhaps. And so maybe I'll just write in this space for myself - and that's perfectly fine with me. The posts on this blog are a scrap book of my life in many ways and I'll never regret having access to those moments and the thoughts that accompanied them. So tune in here if you're interested in further musings and life moments. Let me know if you like something you read -  or stay anonymous, that's fine too.  

Life moves too fast, and before I know it Charlie and Izzy will be taller than Baby Jay! I'm going to write things down so I don't miss a thing. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes