Weekend Rewind



These days our Saturdays begin with ballet (notice the excellent plie in the photo above - with boots!) followed by a soccer game. This past Saturday we also took in a KU football game which meant the kids required three sets of clothes to get through the day. I went to Lawrence early Saturday morning for an alumni rowing event and left Ryan to be Super Dad and get the kids to their events. But first, I set out all the necessary outfits...


They all managed to join me for the second quarter at the KU game, in their game gear and with smiles on their faces.


The game wasn't very exciting, but the kids have fun playing on the hill afterwards. 




And here is a short video of me rowing for the first time in almost 20 years! I am the third rower from the front, in the blue t-shirt. I didn't realize how much I missed the sport until I felt the run of the boat underneath me - so fun! 



My friend Allison and I were two peas in a pod while we were on the rowing team. We were roommates, co-captains, and did just about everything together. It was fun to share this reunion with her - and we are both in decent shape after all these years!


The current rowers wanted their picture taken with Allison and I - the 'old ladies' in the picture up on the wall! They were impressed to know we were members of the very first KU rowing team. These women are amazing athletes and year after year have the top grades of all the athletic teams at KU. I'm proud of how the program continues to grow and succeed.

This weekend we are hoping to get to a pumpkin patch, instead of our usual waiting until the last minute and finding all the best pumpkins are long gone. 

Have a wonderful weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes